I read slash and gen both, so some of these stories are going to contain ::gasp:: m/m sexual relationships. Some of them ::double gasp:: won't. Feel free not to read anything that might bother you unduly.
January 17, 2004
- Go Thy Way, Daniel, by Meg
- GEN, Casey and Danny. Danny's falling and Casey's afraid. This does a lovely job of depicting Casey and Danny's friendship. It's sad but ultimately hopeful, which is exactly how I like my fic.
HARRY POTTER UNIVERSE
- In Love, by Halrloprillalar
- SLASH, Marcus/Oliver. Marcus is in love and doesn't know what to do about it. Sweet, funny, and maybe just a tiny bit warped.
- A Nick in Time, by Tira Nog
- pre-SLASH, Snape/Harry. Future fic. Harry and Snape are turned into their childhood selves. I like the glimpse into Harry and Snape's past, and the way their friendship slowly develops. Also, it has a strong, competent grown-up!Ron, which is one of my weak spots.
- Transfigurations, by Resonant
- SLASH, Harry/Draco. Future fic. Harry returns to Hogwarts several years after the War ended. He finds many things changed, including Draco Malfoy. I found the future shown here to be fascinating and logically developed from the canon we have so far. Also, strong, compenent grown-up!Ron, which is always of the good.
- Harlequin Airs, by Ellis Ward
- SLASH, Bodie/Doyle. AU. Doyle is sent undercover to work as a trapeze artist at a small circus. When he arrives, he meets the man who will be his catcher, William Bodie. This is excellently detailed, with living, breathing characters. I hated for it to be over. If you like Marion Zimmer Bradley's The Catch-Trap, you'll love this story; it's also perfectly readable as original fic if you don't know the series. So, no excuses. Go read! [Note: link fixed--sorry about that!]